| || ||
| Special Lagna |
BPHS Ch. 5."Special Lagna"
Bhava Lagna + Hora Lagna + Ghati Lagna.
|1. Oh excellent of the Brahmins: ||I explain below again some special Lagna, viz. Bhava Lagna, Hora Lagna and Ghati Lagna. |
|2-3. Bhava Lagna || |
From sunrise to the time of birth every 5 Ghatis (or 120 minutes) constitute one Bhava Lagna.
- Divide the time of birth (in Ghatis, Vighatis etc.) from sunrise by 5 and add the quotient etc. to Surya 's longitude, as at sunrise.
- This is called Bhava Lagna.
|4-5. Hora Lagna || |
Again from sunrise till the time of birth Hora Lagna repeats itself every 2½ Ghatis (i. e. 60 minutes).
- Divide the time past up to birth from sunrise by 2½ and add the quotient etc. in Rashi, degrees and so on to the longitude of Surya, as at the sunrise.
- This will yield Hora Lagna in Rashi, degrees etc.
|6-8. Ghati Lagna (Ghatik Lagna) || |
Now listen to the method of working out Ghati Lagna.
- This Lagna changes along with every Ghati (24 minutes) from the sunrise.
- Note birth time in Ghatis and Vighatis.
- Consider the number of Ghatis past, as number of Rashi, or Ghati Lagnas.
- The Vighatis be divided by 2 to arrive at degrees and minutes of arc, past in the said Ghati Lagna.
- The product so arrived in Rashi, degrees and minutes be added to Surya 's longitude, as at sunrise, to get the exact location of Ghati Lagna. So say Maharishis, like Narada.
|9. Use of Special Lagnas || |
Keeping the Graha as at birth, as it is,
- prepare various Bhava Kundalis with respect to each special Lagna
- and analyze, as done for the natal Lagna.
|10-13½. Varnada Dasha || |
I now detail Varnada Dasha, just by knowing which one can deal with the longevity of a native.
- If the natal Lagna is an odd Rashi, count directly from Mesh to natal Lagna.
- If the natal Lagna is an even Rashi, count from Meena to the natal Lagna in the reverse order.
- Similarly, if the Hora Lagna is an odd one, count from Mesh to Hora Lagna in direct order.
- If the Hora Lagna is an even one, count from Meena to Hora Lagna in the reverse order.
- If both the products are odd Rashi, or even Rashi, then add both the figures.
- If one is odd and the other is even, then know the difference between the two products.
- If the latest product in this process is an odd one, count so many Rashi from Mesh in a direct manner; if an even one, count so many Rashi from Meena in reverse order.
- The Rashi so known will be the Varnada for Lagna.
|14-15. Effects of Varnada lagna || |
Now listen to the use of the above.
- Out of the two, viz. natal Lagna and Hora Lagna, whichever is stronger, from there Varnada starts.
- If the natal Lagna is an odd Rashi, the counting of Dashas is clockwise, otherwise anticlockwise.
- Lagna Dasha years will equal the number of Rashi, intervening between the natal Lagna and Varnada.
- Similarly for other Bhava.
|16-20. Effects of Varnada lagna (cont.) || |
Should a Kona from Lagna's Varnada be occupied, or drishtied by a malefic, the native will live only up to the Dasha of the said Rashi.
- Just, as the Rudra Graha in Soola Dasha is capable of causing evils, the above-mentioned Graha as related to Varnada's Kona be treated.
- The Varnada Lagna be considered, as natal Lagna,
- while the 7th from Varnada will denote the longevity of the spouse,
- the 11th longevity of elder brothers and sisters,
- the 3rd longevity of younger brothers and sisters,
- the 5th the longevity of sons,
- the 4th longevity of mother
- and the 9th longevity of father.
- The Dasha of the Soola Rashi will inflict greater evils.
|21-24. Effects of Varnada (cont.) || |
Similar assessments be made with reference to the Varnada of each Bhava, commencing the first, and the evils and goods due to a nativity be known.
- These Varnada Dashas are only for Bhavas (Rashi) and not their occupants.
- The sub period of each Dasha will be one twelfth of the Dasha and the order will also be clockwise, or anti-clockwise, as explained earlier.
- The natal Lagna is to be calculated according to birth place, while Bhava Lagna, Hora Lagna etc. are common to all places.
Jaimini Sutram(Upadesha Sutra) Chapter 1 Shloka 41
"If Mercury and Venus are associated with the hora lagna, the daughter becomes passionate because of the desire for sex not being satisfied from her husband."
How Readings Work *
Sample Gem Recommendation Report *
| file update:
Copyright © 1994-2024 by Barbara Pijan Lama * Contact * How to Request a Jyotisha Reading
Barbara Pijan Lama Jyotisha Vedic Astrology Surya Sun Chandra Moon Mangala Mars Budha Mercury Guru Jupiter Shukra Venus Shani Saturn Rahu Ketu Graha Planets Dasha Timeline Nakshatra Navamsha Marriage Children Wealth Career Spiritual Wisdom Cycles of Death and Rebirth
The information on barbarapijan.com, including all readings and reports, is provided for educational purposes only. Wishing you every happiness and continuing success in studies!
| "And now my friends, |
all that is true, all that is noble,
all that is just and pure,
all that is loveable and gracious,
whatever is excellent and admirable -
fill all your thoughts with these things."
~~ Epistle to the Philippians 4:8